Our itinerary is all planned out. We'll arrive in Dublin at 5:15 in the morning (their time) rent a car, and drive out to Newgrange, a prehistoric burial mound. We'll spend the night in a town called Trim, right across from Trim Castle. Then we drive down to Kinsale, in County Cork. We'll spend two nights there, then take a long scenic drive up to Dingle. We'll stay another two nights there, then drive to the town of Ballybaughan in the Burren. The Burren is an area that was covered in glaciers during an ice age. Now, it's a fantastic landscape dotted with ancient monuments. Then we fly out of the airport in Shannon over to London. We'll spend a few days in London, seeing the sights. Following that, we'll take the train up to Oxford. I'll be scouting out the colleges there. Then it's out to the Cotswolds, the part of England with the classic thatched roofs and more sheep than people. After that, we go down to beautiful Dartmoor. I'll keep my eye out for any dangerous looking hounds. Next we'll be staying on a little farm somewhat near Bath. Finally, we fly out of Bristol, and spend a last two days in Dublin.
Now, I do have one little travel tradition to share. I have a small stuffed hedgehog, Alfred, who travels with me. I take pictures of him in famous or interesting places.
Alfred
Be sure look out for Alfred on my blog!

It appears that Alfred has packed on some extra poundage for the trek. You may want to keep a close eye on him, as I believe hedgehogs are quite abundant in the Commonwealth. Watch out ladies! I look forward to your postings!
ReplyDelete