We didn't really do much today. At least compared to yesterday, which was packed with historical stuff. After breakfast (I'm starting to develop a love of porridge), we walked into town to the Chapel of the Sacred Heart. It used to be a convent, but now just displays art. There is some truly spectacular stained glass in the chapel.
The Cliffs of Insanity!!
Yes, this is where part of The Princess Bride was filmed. The thing you can see on the farther cliff is O'Brian's tower, which was built in the 19th century for rich tourists to view the cliffs from. Mom forbade me Togo anywhere near the edge, and nearly had a heart attack when Dad and I went to take pictures. The pictures can't really capture how high they really are. There are some small littlle bumps on the nearer cliff. Those are people!
Ballyvaughn is the summer retreat for many people in Ireland. It's sort of like Cape Cod. But it's not over touristy, like some places we've been. It's a nice change. We're looking forward to doing some hikes. What I've seen of the landscape is amazing. I'm sure I'll get some good photos.


I recognize the cliffs now that I see them. Inconceivable!
ReplyDelete