Saturday, July 19, 2014

Here We Go! (again)

Hello friends and family!  Many of you have been asking if I am going to blog again this summer.  Well, okay, like, five of you have been asking.  But that's pretty good, considering my blog averages twenty views per post.  Anyway, the answer is yes!  Yes, I will be blogging again.
  Once again, we have our itinerary all planned out beforehand (by we, I mean my parents).  Currently my mom is already over in Maynard, having some family time.  My dad and I will fly out to meet her on the 24th.  We"ll spend a few days there, then, on the 28th, we'll fly off to Edinburgh, stopping briefly in Shannon.  We will spend two days seeing the sights in Edinburgh, then take the train up to Perth, pick up a rental car, and drive to the Isle of Skye.  There we'll be staying on a working farm, complete with big, shaggy Highland cattle.  We stay there for two nights, and then continue north to Ullapool, where we plan to do some hiking, for another two nights.   And then we head about as far north as you can go on the mainland, up to Bettyhill.  We're there for one night, then fly from Wick Airport to Belfast.  We pick up another rental car there and do the Antrim coast, which includes the Giant's Causeway and Dunluce Castle.  We stay the night in Bushmills, which, my parents are eager to note, is home to a whiskey distillery.  Next we spend a day in Derry, exploring the history there.  After that, we head across the border into the Republic of Ireland, and stay in Donegal.  Then it's on to Sligo for two nights, where we'll be doing more hiking.  The next day we'll spend exploring beautiful  Connemara National Park.  That night, we'll stay in Westport.  Finally, we'll spend a day in Kinvarra, which I have seen spelled with both one r and two.  The next day we'll fly from Shannon back to Boston, and spend a week at Cape Cod.
  That took much longer to write than last year's first post.  This year we're staying in more places for shorter amounts of time.  I guess that's the best way to get the most out of our trip, as we're only there for two weeks instead of three.  I'll still be just as fun.
  One more thing I'd like to add.  Feel free to comment!  I love hearing from you.  Also, it's one of the few ways I'm able to be in contact with you while I'm there.  So please leave a comment or two, ask a question, or even request a souvenir.

1 comment:

  1. Safe travels to our favorite family! Looking forward to a slide show upon your return!

    ReplyDelete